Todd Fields cares about church services. In fact, he’s passionate about helping churches engage and reach more people through their weekend services.
Bottom line: he wants you to be proud of what you do. It’s as if he’s telling us…
Here are 12 steps to a better worship service from Todd’s recent training on removing roadblocks from your worship service.
- Choose worship songs that people ask FOR and ask ABOUT
- Have people on stage who operate in their gifting (“When the load is light, the feel is right”)
- Bring new energy through a new song
- Connect with thinkers intellectually and with feelers emotionally
- Learn to identify powerful MOMENTS
- Pastors and worship leaders should get together and pray/dream
- Don’t have too many songs in your worship playlist
- Don’t have people on stage who aren’t gifted or humble
- Avoid choosing too many new songs
- Shelf old and stale songs (with the exception of hymns)
- Pastors, don’t blame your worship leaders and worship leaders, don’t blame your pastor…COMMUNICATE
- Take adequate time to recharge. Burned out worship leaders and staff don’t do anyone any good.
Good stuff, huh?