In our effort to help churches succeed, The Rocket Company will be live
blogging from this week’s Catalyst Conference. Catalyst traditionally closes with
Andy Stanley and he always sends us out in style. The following are 18 Leadership Quotes
And Lessons from the conference’s closing session.
- Leaders don’t leave.
- I have to make things simple for me to understand them.
- “Level 5 leaders have the humility to aspire to be the dumbest person in the room.” – Jim Collins
- I need to look at something everyday to keep me centered as a leader.
- What are we doing? Why am I doing it? Where do I fit in?
- “We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen.” – Ritz Carlton mission statement
- “You are not a servant. You are a lady.” – Ritz Carlton
- Most decisions are pre-decided when the mission is clear.
- A sign of good leadership is you are making fewer and fewer decisions.
- You will never be a great church if you haven’t decided what the church is there fore.
- You will have a hard time convincing others to join you if you don’t know what you’re there for.
- Leaders love working for people who give them crystal clear instructions.
- If you want to be a great leader tell people, “If you come to work here you will do this and this only.”
- The reason you don’t have a sticky statement is because you haven’t taken the time to create one.
- Wherever you have influence in your organization, start the conversation “What are we doing?”
- I can’t make anyone fall in love with Jesus. I just setup dates.
- Don’t be afraid to reach back to God’s personal call on your life to answer the question “Why?”
- Your personal call is going to be where you find your passion.
Andy is simply one of the Christianity’s greatest
communicators. If you want to learn some his secrets, then
then download this FREE resource
Five Things That Kill A Sermon. This free tool will make you
a better preacher of God’s Word.