In our effort to help churches succeed, The Rocket Company will be live
blogging from this week’s Catalyst Conference. Up next was Rocket Company friend
and Senior Pastor of Central Christian Church in Las Vegas, the incredible Jud Wilhite.
The following are 21 Leadership Quotes And Lessons from his challenging session.
- If you’re in leadership you know the weight of that prayer. – “Lord, take me out of the game.”
- Everybody likes until you lead.
- Hosea is a story of how God treats us when we are unfaithful children.
- No matter how tough your assignment is, it is probably not nearly as touch as Hosea’s.
- Some of you are called love your church even though.
- Love the calling you have. Not the one you wish you have.
- A lot of us leave way too soon because God has not given up on that calling in our life.
- Your calling doesn’t originate with you and end with you.
- When you’re worn out, don’t let anyone steal your calling.
- If you rejoice in the God who calls you then you will rejoice in what He called you to.
- I didn’t know I needed Jesus but I knew I needed help. I love the church.
- The church is the only community that changes individuals from the inside out.
- God didn’t call you to fruit. He called you to faithfulness.
- If you love God then you need to love what God loves. God loves the church.
- If you don’t love the church you forfeit the right to critique it and make it better.
- Focus on your church’s unique strengths.
- Stop comparing your church to others. This needs to be said again, again, again, again, and again.
- Social media is a billboard, not a diary. You don’t see all the challenges that are faced at that church.
- Ministry is hard. Whether it’s 50 people, 500, or 5,000 it’s hard.
- Tell the stories of life-change. It’s all about the story of what Jesus is doing in people’s lives.
- “You almost quit on this…This is the work I am doing and you are lucky enough to be a part of it.” – God to Jud
Jud is simply one of the Christianity’s greatest
communicators. If you want to learn some his secrets, then
then download this FREE resource
Five Things That Kill A Sermon. This free tool will make you
a better preacher of God’s Word.