In our effort to help churches succeed, The Rocket Company will be live
blogging from this week’s Catalyst Conference. Catalyst blessed its audience with a
video interview with Mayor Cory Booker of Newark, NJ. It was an amazing time. The
following are 26 leadership quotes and lessons from his session each leader should know.
- Purpose is more important than a position.
- It was hard to have the courage to confront fear.
- When you find purpose and pursue it courage and passion it’s amazing how the universe will conspire to help you.
- God has plans for you that you don’t even know it. But it’s hard to be lead while you’re sitting there.
- This world will make you do a lot to conform and fit into boxes.
- “Everyone is born an original and most die copies.” – Abraham Lincoln
- The rewards in my life from daring to be different have been significant.
- Fear is the opposite of love. It makes us small.
- We can’t stop being risk-takers.
- Our generation is entrepreneurial and discovering who you are.
- The awesomeness of God tells us we don’t have all the answers.
- If you surround yourself with people who share your values, you will move with that pack of people.
- Talent is important but values are even more important.
- Your values speak so loudly I can’t hear what you say.
- Your job is to never stop learning and growing. You can always get better.
- Your emotions are choices.
- I am not a slave to circumstance. I can always make a choice about my emotional response.
- You have the ability to change reality because of your response.
- Why would you take a second of your life and not treat as if it’s special.
- When I have a really bad day, my default position is what can I learn from this?
- The world you see outside of you is a reflection of what is inside of you.
- You cannot have great breakthroughs without great frustration.
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- Expressing gratitude is one of the most healing things you can do.
- The potholes are just as valuable to me as the smooth roads.
- You can’t have extraordinary results without extraordinary efforts.
Mayor Booker is an amazing leader who is making a
generational difference in the state of New Jersey. To learn
to communicate like him, download this FREE resource
Five Things That Kill A Sermon. This free tool will make you
a better preacher of God’s Word.