In our effort to help churches succeed, The Rocket Company will be live
blogging from this week’s Catalyst Conference. Catalyst regular and Rocket Company
friend Reggie Joiner started the 2nd day with an incredible message on leaving a legacy.
The following are 26 Leadership Quotes AndLessons from his memorable session.
- It’s just interesting that people who used to be known aren’t anymore…People come and go.
- You will die sooner than you think.
- You will be forgotten.
- You will only be remembered by the people who know you now.
- When you see how much time you have left, you get serious about the time you have now.
- When you see how much time you have left, you make what matters matter more.
- You can’t make a kid love God. You can’t make a kid read the Bible. At some point, they’re going to make their own decisions.
- Leaving a legacy means doing the thing that you can do.
- You can talk a kid into believing what you believe but another person can talk them out of it.
- Leaving a legacy means you keep doing your part believing God is going to do His part.
- I’m not God. I’m not the Holy Spirit. I can’t change anyone but I can invest in a few.
- You reason you can’t see spiritual growth in a person’s life you’re working with is because it’s spiritual.
- The reason you can’t measure progress sometimes is because it’s so gradual.
- The secret is what time does over time…what can result collectively if you keep doing what you’re supposed to do.
- God proved love over time. If you take love and lay it over time it’s believable.
- The only way to leave a legacy of love is consistently love that is predictable.
- Love over time gives someone a sense of worth. We’re living in a time with people who don’t understand their worth.
- Fun over time gives someone a different sense of connection.
- Churches that don’t have fun have a spiritual issue.
- Stories over time give us perspective.
- Tribes over time give people a sense of belonging.
- When you see how much time you have life you spend time with a few.
- Inheritance is something you leave for someone. Legacy is what you leave in them.
- You are forgiven only by people who know you.
- Leaving a legacy has less to be with being magnificent, but more to being ordinary.
- When a daughter is born, you start learning how to let go.
Reggie has left a legacy as one of the Christianity’s greatest
communicators and thinkers. If you want to learn some his
secrets, then download this FREE resource
Five Things That Kill A Sermon. This free tool will make you
a better preacher of God’s Word.