In an effort to add value to church leaders, The Rocket Company is attending the Velocity 2014 Conference and will continue to be live-blogging throughout the event. For anyone involved in church planting, this is a can’t-miss event.
Jeff Vanderstelt is a pastor at Soma Communities, an A29 church in Tacoma, WA. He delivered a challenging message on the importance of the Spirit of God in a pastor’s life. William VanderBloemen is the founder and CEO of VanderBloemen Search Group All pastors and church leaders can learn from these sessions.
The following are 26 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Jeff and also William VanderBloemen – Velocity 2014:
- One key to keeping pace with your team is keeping pace with yourself.
- Half in this room wonder if you’re going to make it to Easter. Half think you’re better than you really are.
- The greater part of instruction is to be reminded of the things you already know. – Aristotle
- Shepherds lead from out front and the sheep know their voice.
- The most powerful time to learn happen right after you wake up. Right after you wake up is when you’re functioning the most. Right after you wake up no one wants your time.
- Time with God is like manna from Heaven. It is there everyday and gone before the dawn.
- If you’re not a morning person you need to be. The Lord wants your first fruits.
- A core value at our company is Ridiculous Responsiveness.
- Every church planter has broken a traffic law because you’re going to get it done.
- There has never been more opportunity.
- Every major Kingdom breakthrough happens on the heels of a communications breakthrough.
- The biggest warning I can give you is that you can actually plant a church without God in this day and age.
- It doesn’t really matter what you do for God that makes Him love you.
- I think that really, the reason pastors are so depressed on Monday is that Sunday didn’t justify them.
- Do you say, “Daddy, it is so good to start the day with you.”
- If you have a bad week in ministry He hasn’t changed whatsoever.
- Do you know how many pastors know the Bible really well and still have affairs?
- Knowing the Word of God is not enough unless I have the Spirit of God.
- It is possible to know the Bible really well and preach in the flesh.
- I’m amazed at how often we confront sin with the Word of God without asking the Spirit of God to convict them of their sin.
- If we have to be the Spirit of God I don’t want to do that.
- I love new Christians. They’re just dumb enough to believe this stuff.
- If we don’t have the Spirit of God what are we thinking? He is The One Who’s doing the stuff.
- God is the same yesterday, today and forevermore.
- If you’re planting a church and don’t think you’re going to face demonic activity, you’re kidding yourself.
- Is the reason we don’t see miraculous things because of the way we’re doing church? We act like we don’t need Him anymore.
Check back tomorrow as we will be posting more leadership insights from this incredible conference.