Lets talk about what it means to preach a sermon.
To do that, Ive perused the preaching planet and see how some heavy hitters define Preach and Sermon.
- According to Tim Keller, To preach is to expose people to the Bible in its clearest and most vivid form.
- According to Louie Giglio, No matter the text, preaching should leave people with more of Jesus.
- According to Billy Graham, When we preach or teach the Scriptures, we open the door for the Holy Spirit to do His work. God has not promised to bless oratory or clever preaching. He has promised to bless His Word.
- According to Dr. Chuck Swindoll, The preachers task is to help people understand how in touch the Bible really is with life.
- According to D.L. Moody, The preaching that this world needs most is the sermons in shoes that are walking with Jesus Christ.
- According to Andy Stanley, A sermon is a journey of making people feel like they need an answer to a question, then taking them to Gods Word to answer it.
- According to John Piper, Every sermon should explain the Bible and then apply it to peoples lives.
- According to Max Lucado, I get one hour, really 25 minutes in a sermon on a weekend, to combat all the hours of the week that people are told you are what you have through billboards, commercials, and sitcoms, and so forth.
We could summarize these statements in a lot of different ways. But to simplify it for today, lets define preach a sermon with this sentence.
Whatever your theological preferences or preaching approach, we all have one thing in common.
We need a game plan for preaching.
From preparing to getting feedback.
From studying Gods Word to creating the outline of the sermon journey.
The Rocket Company has partnered with several pastors to create a revolutionary, step-by-step preaching system designed to take the stress out of creating powerful sermons each week.
Heres what one pastor said
Ive been preaching since 1968. Preaching Rocket is the single greatest tool I have ever used to get better.
Jump in to this free trial to get the practical tools to boost your preaching that you never got in school
You, your family, and your congregation will thank us later!