Here are the top tweets from the Preach Better Sermons event yesterday. If you missed it you have one more chance to watch on Thursday, May 16 from 4-8 PM EDT. You will hear from Andy Stanley, Louie Giglio, Steven Furtick, Dr. Crawford Loritts, Mark Driscoll and Jon Acuff.
- The Bible is always and already relevant, but preaching helps people realize it’s relevant to their lives – @EdStetzer
- Would your sermon work if Jesus didn’t rise from the dead? – @DarrinPatrick
- A good preacher is a good prayer. @MarkBatterson
- God won’t be handcuffed by our failures or unleashed by our successes. – @JonAcuff
- Bring the same energy to your text as you do to your stories. – @AndyStanley
- Humor disarms negative emotions, if they are not laughing every seven minutes you are losing them. – @DaveRamsey
- Tell the people what’s blowing up in your heart, and if nothing is blowing up in your heart, tell the people. – @ louiegiglio
- Most movies that win best picture also win for best editing. – @NancyDuarte
- A good start early in the week helps me be more present in meetings and with my family later in the week. – @pwilson
- My life should be the autobiography of Christ during my moment in history. – @CrawfordLoritts
- Don’t listen to one preacher so much you become a parrot. – @PastorMark
- When we are writing to manipulate an audience we aren’t partnering with what God is doing. – @DonaldMiller
- Shift your attention from being impressive to being a blessing. – @StevenFurtick
Sign up here to watch on May 16.