In our effort to help churches succeed, The Rocket Company is continuing to
live blog from this week’s Catalyst Conference. Catalyst regular Malcolm Gladwell
discussed the key learnings found in his highly-anticipated new book David and Goliath.
The following are 13 Leadership Quotes And Lessons from his challenging session.
- The velocity of a stone released from David’s sling was the equivalent of a 45-calibar handgun.
- Shouldn’t we think of someone who is nimble, has every technological advantage, and the Sprit of Lord as the favorite?
- They had an accurate assessment of where true power really lies.
- The most important weapon is they had been through this before.
- They banded together. They learned the strength of their own faith.
- Most Christians don’t know the power of their own faith. They think like underdogs and that has real world consequences.
- The very thing that made the giant so intimidating was the source of his greatest weakness.
- Giants are not always what they seem.
- David’s ability to win that battle begins with weakness. He can’t win the normal way. He must be creative.
- Your obstacles and moments of weakness are your greatest opportunity.
- David is marked by his refusal to be passive.
- The David position is a high-risk position. There was a possibility he could fail.
- Be forgiving of those who has failed. If it doesn’t work, they will get another shot.
We can’t wait to read Malcolm’s new book David and Goliath.
If you want to learn some secrets of successful communication,
then download this FREE resource
Five Things That Kill A Sermon. This free tool will make you
a better preacher of God’s Word.